We are the 9th North Watford Scout Group, part of The Scouts, and we are based in Hope Green, Woodside, Watford, Hertfordshire.
The 9th North Watford (Woodside) Scout Group was originally formed in 1957 as the 75th South West Herts Scout Group. It was originally based on The Brow, and moved to the present Scout Hut location in Hope Green ten years after the Group’s formation, in 1967. Our group badge on the back of our scarves represents the “Woodside” part of our group name, which we have due to our location.
In 2007, we at the 9th North Watford Scout Group celebrated our Golden Jubilee, fifty whole years since the group first began – incidentally, this was also the year in which Scouting itself celebrated its centenary. And in 2017, we celebrated our Diamond Jubilee with a big group camp and attendees from all eras of the group!
Over the last few years, the group has grown to over seventy young people, spread over the Beaver, Cub, and Scout sections, and continues to prosper. We have currently signed a new lease on the land we are renting which means Scouting can remain in Woodside for another 99 years.
The charity details of our group can be seen on the Charity Commission website.